Sunday, January 11, 2015

Flourless Brownies-Less than 50 Calories

Friends, no more starving yourself from brownies. On the contrary, you can have as many you like. More than 3, no problem. Because, these beauties are flour less, and, hold your breath, less than 50 calories! Heard me right, less.than.fifty.calories.

As if not these are enough reasons for indulgence, they are super easy to make, almost one pot, soft, gooey and yummy. And, healthy. That's it, my new year resolution is to eat as many  brownies I like, these brownies. I have starved myself for enough time from brownies.

Perfect dessert to ring in New Year.Am I too late to wish you a happy new year?

Never mind, Happy New Year friends!

Ingredients

Yogurt - 3/4 cup
Milk - 1/4 cup
Cocoa powder - 1/2 cup
Oats - 1/2 cup
Sugar or sugar substitute - 1/4 cup
Egg - 1, medium
Baking powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Salt - A pinch
Walnuts - 1/4 cup, chopped (optional)


Put all the ingredients except egg into your blender jar. Beat egg separately and add to the mix. Give a pulse or two to the mix in blender.



Pour the entire mix into a 8x8 inch baking dish. Remember to grease the dish well. I know, it kind of looks suspicious, but have faith my friends.


Preheat oven at 200C or 400F. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until fork when inserted comes out clean.

Leave them to cool. I just learned this trick of leaving brownies just a wee bit undercooked.

And yes, they are ready. Super soft, gooey delight. And did I say they are less than 50 calories!


This makes 9 large pieces. Just double the batch and make more.

And eat one or two of this cuties, or maybe three. No guilt required.


I had to make a second batch instantly. Because I ate too many of the first batch.


Approved by my super picky eater toddler too. Bonus points!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment