Sunday, December 8, 2013

Chocolate Sauce/Syrup

This is the easiest DIY chocolate sauce/syrup ever. It is so easy that I am little embarrassed to call it a recipe. Since lil A was not well last week, she pretty much refused all foods, even her favorite milk. A friend suggested to add chocolate syrup to it and try. I liked the idea. I do not know, what made me check for its recipe in the web, but I did. And seeing so many easy versions, I combined couple to have my own. And it worked! I am so happy to have something that does not have dozens of unknown ingredients to it.


Ingredients

Water - 1/2 cup
Cocoa powder - 3/4 cup
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Vanilla - Few drops


Boil water and sugar in a pan for 2 minutes. Add cocoa powder to it and simmer it until the cocoa powder melts completely, around 5-6 minutes.

SImmer it for 2 minutes more, and turn off the heat.

Let it cool. It will thicken on cooling.

Add the vanilla drops to it.





We really liked it, if you want more sweet, you are welcome to add more sugar. You can also add chocolate chips to it.

I was not sure how it will turn out, so made a small batch. You can increase the proportions. 

Definitely, worth try if you like chocolate sauce.




You can store them in refrigerator for up to 10 days.  

It also makes a cute host gift to give away this season. Your friends will like it.



The above picture is my contribution for this week's Black and White Wednesday, a culinary event started by Susan of The Well Seasoned Cook, and hosted this week by Urvashi of Budding Homemaker. For participation details visit Cindystar blog.

2 comments: